@reK’

@empty#AI gC

@Omiflasc

@oTn

@Juggernaught

@pKK

@shado

@Alexia

First off, some of these suggestions were brought to me by players, regulars, admins and myself.  

Team chat: Needs to be limited to teams only, no admin view.  Players are starting to suggest that we admins communicate with eachother to give off their positions and such.  Thus, the server can lose some popularity concerning steamers and regulars.

AWP: Should be a team limit, like 20-25%, not a number, cause it depends on number of players on server.

Smoke nades: This sould be limited to 6 per team.  Since we cannot rely 100% on players commmunicating  with each other, multiple smokes are thrown in the same spot, creating a lag effect that a lot of players complain about, myself included that they either stop moving instantly or have a lag that is impossible to play with.

Camping timer: Should be lowered, open to suggestions...

Maximum ping allowed:  This sould be lowered  to 275 to start with, weed out the 300+ pingers
which aren't kicked by the plugin cause they ping 299 once in a blue moon...my initial suggestion
would be 250 but I dont think we can afford to lower it too much too quickly and lose players.

I'm thinking of other changes that can be brought but I just wanted to post this for now.  Please
feel free to weigh in with your opinions and suggestions.

Thank you

Heyzus

Edited by HeyZus
  • Like 3

Teamchat is enabled for admins so they can be aware if there is a disrespect/fights between players going on there and take immediate actions. Any admin that uses enemy's team chat to ghost positions should be punished because that's misuse of admin privilegies. 

Smokes nades wont be limited, all plugins I saw for it are damn awful. We had one and we removed it, what me and @Eggy discussed once is, Dust2 management either choose smokes or no-smokes at all. Because the ones that limit smokes are so damn bad coded and it causes some weird conflicts with other plugins. 

Camping timer and ping maybe can be reworked. Lets see what Dust2 management thinks of it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, HeyZus said:

Team chat: Needs to be limited to teams only, no admin view.  Players are starting to suggest that we admins communicate with eachother to give off their positions and such.  Thus, the server can lose some popularity concerning steamers and regulars.

AWP: Should be a team limit, like 20-25%, not a number, cause it depends on number of players on server.

Smoke nades: This sould be limited to 6 per team.  Since we cannot rely 100% on players commmunicating  with each other, multiple smokes are thrown in the same spot, creating a lag effect that a lot of players complain about, myself included that they either stop moving instantly or have a lag that is impossible to play with.

Camping timer: Should be lowered, open to suggestions...

Maximum ping allowed:  This sould be lowered  to 275 to start with, weed out the 300+ pingers
which aren't kicked by the plugin cause they ping 299 once in a blue moon...my initial suggestion
would be 250 but I dont think we can afford to lower it too much too quickly and lose players.

I'm thinking of other changes that can be brought but I just wanted to post this for now.  Please
feel free to weigh in with your opinions and suggestions.

1- As Des said, the teamchat is enabled so that we can see disrespect, fights and wallhacks, we will not change it.

2- My personal opinion, Im against smoke, I think it should be prohibited.

3- I agree with u, players with ping over 300+ should be kicked. we could put a plugin to do it.

10 minutes ago, pKK said:

3- I agree with u, players with ping over 300+ should be kicked. we could put a plugin to do it.

We already have a plugin for that, but it only kicks 350+. But yeah, I honestly think we should change for 250 or 300. 

1 hour ago, Des said:

We already have a plugin for that, but it only kicks 350+. But yeah, I honestly think we should change for 250 or 300. 

250 :random1:

• Like 2

250 sounds good cause u really cant play with 200 ping anyways

smoke or no smoke ?

camp time is like 30 sec right? unless im hallucinating i think 20 sec is enough for ts to get out of spawn (tbh idk why cts are rushing t spawn but i guess thats what the majority wants)

• Like 3

Hey whats up guys, I am all for change but I would hate to see our server become the replica of other failed communities.

One thing you guys should always keep in mind is that you will never make everyone happy. I guarantee that if you make the complainers come to our forum to make these changes they probably wont. They are the ones losing in any server they go into no matter what. So far I have seen the D2 server packed most of the time. So you gonna get complaints, ok. We have those complainers come into our GamerClub.net website and put their complaints here. Once you see they are the majority then make the changes. I see no reason to make any changes except the ping one.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Google said:

Hey whats up guys, I am all for change but I would hate to see our server become the replica of other failed communities.

One thing you guys should always keep in mind is that you will never make everyone happy. I guarantee that if you make the complainers come to our forum to make these changes they probably wont. They are the ones losing in any server they go into no matter what. So far I have seen the D2 server packed most of the time. So you gonna get complaints, ok. We have those complainers come into our GamerClub.net website and put their complaints here. Once you see they are the majority then make the changes. I see no reason to make any changes except the ping one.

Overall, to state my input as well. I definitely agree with this. Everything else should stay. The server is always packed & I would hate to see it downsize from the popularity we have now. As for ping it should be changed, yes.

Edited by Silas
  • Like 1

I hate smoke but did you see me asking to remove it? No, right? You win some, you lose some, it's normal. Don't just ask for things that comfort you and leave everyone else feeling out. I'm getting tired of all the complainers. 

Right now, everything works for most people, so just leave it alone.

Thank you.

• Like 3

Sorry but I'm against limiting team chat and smoke nades, for the same reasons that @Des has stated.

About AWP limiting, I'm okay with it, but some players (Especially Awpers) wouldn't be; because not everyone would be able to buy AWP when they WANT TO; and this would prolly make them leave the server. ?

I
agree with the other suggestions! ?

Those were my two cents.
Thank you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

reactivate HLXSTATS or GAMEME.

Edited by Johnny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny said:

reactivate HLSTATSX or GAMEME.

I thought HLstats is enabled. lol 

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I'm against limiting anything (other than what is already completely restricted) in Dust2. Maximum ping si always adjustable - we raised it a few months back to accommodate some international players but it can always be changed. Honestly, if someone is playing with a 300+ ping then they probably aren't going to play very well anyway.

The problems of 15% of people do not necessitate changes for 100% of the people.

• Like 4

Agreed @ferr don't fix what's not broken. If we're empty I all for it, but you see how packed our server is. Also, yea lower the ping kicker to 250. 

Glad to see your responses. Y'all have a good head on your shoulders, truth.  These were but suggestions and I'll be happy af even if only the ping one gets done.   

Thank you all for taking a moment to read my post and answering back.

Let's play some CS!

Phil

• Like 1

- Keep the Team chat on, I really doubt admins are using it for ghosting purposes, but rather to spot the opposing team of accusing hackers for admins to review, record and take action. 

Slightly agree, at most times the map turns in to an awp fest, which is not realistic of how this game used to be played back in the day. I agree on limiting it, however I dont know what the appropriate percentage should be. 

- Smoke is a crucial strategic component of the game, maybe limit the amount of players who can buy smoke...they do come in handy at times. 

Agreed, high ping players slow down the server quite a bit, I believe 250 is a fair number to work with. 

Cheers Team. 

risker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright then, Im lowering down the high ping kick to 250. For those who have 300+, our Dust2 Europe (185.107.96.42:27015)  is out there to accommodate these players. So, we have Dust2 enough for everyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Des said:

Alright then, Im lowering down the high ping kick to 250. For those who have 300+, our Dust2 Europe (185.107.96.42:27015)  is out there to accommodate these players. So, we have Dust2 enough for everyone.

Thanks Des, now @SK_ is having a problem in server getting kicked every time he joins server. I guess we should pick it up to 275, instead of 250? What you think? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2019 at 4:15 AM, Alexia said:

Sorry but I'm against limiting team chat and smoke nades, for the same reasons that @Des has stated.

About AWP limiting, I'm okay with it, but some players (Especially Awpers) wouldn't be; because not everyone would be able to buy AWP when they WANT TO; and this would prolly make them leave the server. ?

I
agree with the other suggestions! ?

Those were my two cents.
Thank you!

I  agree with this along with Samantha's ideas.

Edited by SKULLY
  • Like 1